Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Learning Happens..... Always

I am learning so much about how I want my Etsy work to flow and what are the best ways to manage it. I tend to cling to certain methods in my head about how I should do something. An example: I think that I need to make a bunch of stuff, then photograph it and list it all in globular chunks. I realized today that my photo patience can be low sometimes and that I may benefit from shorter photo sessions. I also noticed it took me nearly four hours to edit photos for 4 items and list them. wow! I have also noticed my body responds better to being able to change positions frequently.  I just wanted to share with you much was learned today with trials and errors and edits and re-dos! They are the best! 

Check out some peeks of the goods and my ETSY Page!


A little bird has flown into my life to teach as well. I have had 3 visits from a lovely little Goldfinch. She brings exciting news of Awakening to Nature Spirits, which seems rather timely since I will be attending the Midwest Shamanic Gathering this weekend! 

The first sighting was after I was singing in the shower I stepped out of my bathroom still singing and she was perched on the edge of my bedroom window, I kept singing and stepped closer and she opened her mouth in song as well. I sat on the bed and watched her for a moment then she flew off. I then realized the night before I had found a Turkey feather which was a bit crunched up and laid it on the window sill that she sat upon. 

Number two: This morning I managed to prop myself up early for my morning meditation and the hour was well underway when I heard a noise I immediately knew was tiny talons grasping onto the window frame. I cracked my eyes and spied her again! She sang to me this time and stayed for a few moments as I attempted to capture her on my camera she flew off the exact moment I went to press the button. 

The Third: I was being distracted by the television when I saw a fluttering up high in the living room window. Again I knew it was her! I slunk out the noisy screen door and leaned over to spy her clutched to the window frame, she spotted me quickly and sailed off with her up and down flight pattern. 

Her very first visit inspired a painting, now for the doing! I have two other paintings in progress and other sewing projects. You can believe I haven't been sitting idly by ;) but there is a lot of behind the scenes work I hope to share with you soon!

Much love and light, and Learning!!
The Queen has a red dot! 

and Bee Happy!

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment