Thursday, December 1, 2011

Elfing

Most of you might not know this but I am an Elf. This year I got hired to help make children smile and capture that memory on film! Of course Santa is there too! I would say I am well suited to this job, I am filled with natural cheer and smiling is my FAVORITE! I do it all the time, when I'm happy, to strangers on the street, even when I get hurt I'm usually doing the laughing/smiling rolling on the floor bleeding from the leg bit. It's certainly one of my gifts, and I am glad to bestow it upon the little ones. I love Santa too, he is wonderful with the children and reminds them that Christmas isn't all about the gifts, that he wants them to spread the Christmas Spirit through their smiles and joy!

Elfing has kept me busy in my Wild Cucumber Designs workshop too! Stockings are jingling right off the shelves (or thumbtacks to be exact), and special hammock requests are stuffing my mailbox. Not to mention graphic design work and screen print designs for my favorite local gym FitElite. Phwew I asked for some stimulation and motivation and I got it!

Elfing out in public has definitely been a good thing. Sometimes my natural cheer reserves run a little low when I stay alone too long in the Wild Cucumber Designs workshop. Being around other Elves definitely brightens my spirits! Even the fancy mall where the memory making workshop is located I find very interesting and entertaining. So many people moving about and all the different stores like one giant organism functioning strangely with fluorescent light, music and delicious pretzel smells.  Makes me giggle just thinking about it, working there makes me feel like I have a back stage pass!


Heres to the universe and its gifts! No matter how they come or in what packages!

With a Huge SMILE and a joyous heart! Much love!

xoxo L (also known as B (for Butterfly))

No comments:

Post a Comment