Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Birding Adventure!


The weather was so unbelievable today! With no sub job and the day to myself I decided to hit the trails and bag me some bird! (first I did laundry though...) My favorites were the Sandhill Cranes! Expertly camouflaged in the second picture, you can tell they are young because they still retain their rusty colored feathers. They were so noisy, along with their marsh neighbors the Canadian Geese who by the way weren't keen on me photographing them. As I was cruising along I spotted some Wild Turkey gobbling there way along the field, the one in side profile has a nice little beard! The Red Winged Blackbird cooed its little tune as we drove past. Lets not forget the silly Banded Woolly Bear Caterpillar! All in all not a bad birding day!




1 comment: