Friday, March 13, 2009

Weather Wonders







I was in awe the day after the rain/hail/snow storm, out cross country skiing just after daybreak. Simply put unbelievable, so astonishingly beautiful. Then as I headed in toward the house nature bore yet another gift, fog. Gorgeous icicle branches snow and fog.

As a photographer I've always loved the unusual things nature has to offer, the mystery it can deliver with fog and the stillness and strange light of an oncoming storm. Nature and weather can be very curious!

The poor trees suffered for the beauty, yesterday I visited a beautiful tree farm. A long row of White Pines stood tall, but their branches littered the ground near their trunks. You can see the strain of the weight of the snow and ice on the trees, though one distinctly reminds me of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". It definately belongs in Whoville.

No comments:

Post a Comment